LOST CITY TOUR
Teyuna Archaeological Park or Ciudad Perdida is one of the best examples of the power and fascination that the past has on our society, but it is also a place full of unknowns and history gaps in an area that has been inhabited by indigenous communities long before the arrival of the Spanish Conquistadores. In comparison with other South and Central America pre-Hispanic societies, still little what we know about the Tairona even though archaeological investigations in the Park and other areas of the Sierra Nevada keep throwing new and valuable information.
- 08:00 pick up time, ask after to book what it's your pick up time.
- 11:30 am: departure in a 4x4 car to Machete Pelao, lunch time, information about first day.
- 12:30: the adventure start, 7 km walking in average to the first camp called Adam or Alfredo.
- In this place you can sleep in hammock or bed (both with mosquito nets) and you have a natural pool to enjoy the rest of the day, after dinner there is a general information or peasant history and the guide talk about the itinerary of the next day.
- 05:30 breakfast time.
- 06:00 we left the farmer region to go to the indigenous region, in this part will walk 2 hours and 30 minutes before arrive to the second camp for lunch called Wiwa camp, youll have time for enjoy the river and a wonderful waterfall.
- 08:00 Brake, some fruits and enjoy landscape.
- 12:00 Lunch time.
- 13:00 A walking that will take around 4 hours to the Paraiso camp, place where we are going to sleep the second night.
- 17:00 Arrival to Paraiso camp.
- 19:00 Dinner time.
- 5:30 breakfast time.
- 06:00 we start to walk for more or less 2 hours to get in the Lost city where will be around 2 or 3 hours knowing all the archeological place, in this trail there are around 1.200 steps in rock originals from the Tayrona culture.
- 7:45: Lost City.
- 10:00 return to Paraiso camp for lunch.
- 12:00 return to Wiwa camp for sleep there.
- 17:00 cultural interchange with the indigenous people (optional and this plan could change).
- 19:00 Dinner time.
- 05:30 Breakfast time.
- 06:15 start the walking to return.
- 7:30 brake and fruits.
- 09:00 Arrival to Adam camp for sleeping.
- Full day enjoying the river.
- 19:00 dinner time.
- 05:30 Breakfast time.
- 09:20 Return to Machete Pelao to finish the tour.
- 12:00 lunch in Machete Pelao.
- 16:00 Santa Marta.
We recommend to stay in good shape, sleep good before take the tour and to have the best actitud to live one of the best experiences. If you have any allergy or feed recommendations its important notify us, we have special food for vegetarian people but you have to notify before.
- Make reservations in advance
- Avoid high season
- Make sure you keep hydrated during the trek
- Bring back all your waste.
- Use biodegradable items.
- Stay on the marked hiking paths.
- Always follow the guide´s instructions.
During the tour there will not be network or any type of digital communication hence this is an amazing opportunity for you to connect yourself with nature and its stunning surroundings.
What do you need to bring?
- We recommend hiking boots.
- Flip Flops or sandals.
- Camiseta de algodón 2 ó 3.
- Shorts, Lycra or cotton walking pants (3).
- Sweatpants or long pants.
- Long sleeve shirt.
- Swimming suit.
- Towel and sucks (4).
- Mosquito repelent.
- Personal hygiene elements.
- 1 liter and half of water.
- Personal Medications (if needed).
- 2 plastic bags to protect your things if is raining..
- Sum block cream.
- Round trip transport.
- Food throughout the tour.
- Water in the camps.
- Bilingual guide or a guide with a english translator.
- Accommodation in beds and/or hammocks with mosquito nets (-).
- Contribution to the peasant, and indigenous settlements and the Colombian Institution of Anthropology and history ICANH.
- Travel insurance.
IT'S NOT INCLUDES
- Mule service.
- Drinks different to the feed time.
- Mamo interview.
- Craft souvenirs from locals.
- Services not specified in the plan.
You can book an spot paying the 20% in advance, the rest of the total price you can pay the departure day, we go to pick up you where are you staying in Santa Marta and around, the tour start at 7:30 am. After to book we'll request you more information about you to guarantee a best service. We receive all the payments methods.
WRITE TO US
We recommend you to check the frequency questions, maybe your question is there and you will have a faster answer.